Monday, July 6, 2009

Back to what "The Red Door Journal" was intended for.....

I reflected on the situation in Baghdad yesterday when a journalist threw his shoes at President Bush, knowing that had that occurred 6 years ago, that journalist would have undoubtedly met with an awful ending. As it were, the freedom that our President and our incredible troops brought to that country, gave that journalist an opportunity to express his views without concern for his safety. Freedom of speech is so important, regardless of whether we agree or disagree with the messenger, it's his or her right to say what they will. With that in mind, let me get back to the intended purpose of this blog. It seems some feel that stifling my voice was critical to their cause. And for a while I refrained from doing so. Not any longer, if that journalist can hurl a size 10 hushpuppy at the president, I can say what I need to say here without fear of intimidation.

So, I sat in court this morning for the umpteenth time listening to the same dribble and diatribe from the plaintiffs attorney that I felt the need to address the issues here because for what ever reasons they are falling on deaf ears there.

For reasons only known to a few, the plaintiff believes that since he has made an offer to purchase and put forth a deposit, that entitles him to full control and possession of the cottage. None of the other "owners" have any authority to use it.

Now color me stupid but as my earlier posting alluded to, it ain't yours till you pay, unlike Wimpy who made the saying "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" stated. This is the real world. Think for a moment, if you were selling your home and I offered to purchase it, drew up a purchase agreement and submitted it along with a deposit, that entitles me to absolutely nothing. It ain't mine yet. It seems that the plaintiff thinks a purchase agreement is as good as sold and closed.

Thus the need to file another motion. Force my mother, my sister and my cousin from using what is still theirs. We have used the cottage at Christmas many times over the years. As have a lot of other Lakesiders, and still do. We all have been blessed to have caretaker's who will go in and turn on the heat, let the old girl warm up for a few days, before turning on the water. Then when we're done, they will go in and turn off the water, drain the lines and turn off the furnace. How simple is that? How great is that? Some view that as cruel and unusual punishment, bordering on torture. I am trying to figure out how running water through warm lines is painful and torturous.

The motion we had to go in and defend again today was silly, frivolous and totally without merit, yet again additional costs have been incurred, for what? I can only think that it is one last effort to flex muscle and imaginary authority. If that is what they want, then pay the money to the court, answer mothers request for a sit down meeting to address the issue of cottage possessions and then close this nightmare out and move on. Aside from having an issue with face to face meetings, I can't think of an easier way to end this.

"The Red Door Journal" it seems has been getting plenty of ink of late, a large increase in visits and page views as well, and I can assume from where it comes from. If so welcome aboard. Feel free to leave comments, you can do so now anonymously without fear of identification or reprisal. All comments are welcome, just like the journalist in Baghdad. The president did a good job of ducking and so can I.

For those of you who are going north to Lakeside, Cottage Grove or Pinewoods for the holidays be sure to stop in and wish mother and Joey a merry Christmas and happy new year, they will be there with bells on and fresh tree in the living room

No comments:

Post a Comment